Backstage Crew's review on EXO:
"...I am not a fan of any of the groups but as crew I have an access to backstage.
In actual fact backstage happenings isn’t like what you would normally see on TV, stars don’t interact much with others, those that you see are previously scripted.
Because of my age, I don’t really fancy any idols, and I’m not really familiar with any of their names so I feel like I don’t have the right to say much.
I’ll just say what I feel about EXO.
Every idol has their own make up and dressing room, but it isn’t as comfortable/relaxing place as you think. There is a specific time as to when an idol must arrive at the venue and if he/she doesn’t make an appearance then, the performance slot would be forfeited. Most idols get ready a few hours before for convenience purposes.
This isn’t the first time I’m meeting a new group, most of the time I just don’t get the chance to sit down and chat with them.
I can remember EXO’s leader’s name but as for the rest of the members, I only have a vague memory of their names. My first and really deep impression of them: really courteous and they bow really sincerely. Although the bowing wasn’t done to (person who wrote this), he/she was rather taken aback by their gesture because when the members were bowing their backpack actually hit their own heads (which mean they bowed really low)
Of course every artist would be nervous before stage entrance, be it new or experienced idols, nervousness can’t be avoided. Because I don’t really know all of their names, I’ll just write what I remember.
1. Before getting on stage, one of the members (pretty tall guy - Kris) stood at the stairs and called his parents
2. Basically for all other artistes they would stay backstage for awhile, and go on stage expressionless after. But for EXO it was different. Leader patted one member’s (rather short guy- Xiu Min) back and told him about the after performance dinner that was planned.
3. After the PD’s queue, one of them was really cute, being silly and cheerful for nothing
4. Because it wasn’t live TV, they had it recorded twice initially. After the first recording they headed straight for the dressing room. They looked pretty contented with their first round of performance. After that 2 members came out of the dressing room with their hands over each other’s shoulders
5. The next time I saw them backstage was around the ending, perhaps they were already tired, two members say on the floor, and had their faces covered. One of them was speaking to the leader, but all of them were really quietly, no idea why.
6. When getting off stage some of them held hands and lowered their heads. Their eyes faces and eyes were red.
I only heard after the event about what happened on stage, with the award winners expressing his views on MIC’s unfair treatment. I understand the coldness and unwelcomed feeling one gets upon stepping into the society. I also know how it feels to be unfairly treated in this society, but it’s just how this works, there is no other alternative..."
Source: jongins, baidu,